Talk:Dumfriesshire Towns and Villages D
Crichton Memorial Church is a late 20th century cathedral style church. Constructed in 1897 to a design by Sydney Mitchell, the church exterior is a red Dumfriesshire sandstone, the square tower in excess of 120 feet high. Internally the building has pink sandstone again from the county, unlike the floor. Both Sicilian and Irish marble were used for the floor whilst above the ornate roof is oak lined. The pulpit and choir stalls are original, stained glass throughout the building is contemporary to the date of construction and attributed to one man.
Back to Dumfriesshire Parishes D