Talk:Aberdeenshire Towns and Villages C
Chapel of Garioch
The Chapel of Garioch dates to somewherre around 1810-1815 but the site was previously occupied by a 12th century building. Changes to the building have included the chancel (added from the north wall) and a fine example of stained glass. One item within the church pre-dates the present building, from 1742 the baptismal font is some 60 years older than the building it occupies. Another older feature is the gateway in the west wall of the churchyard, now A-listed it is early 17th century.
The ruins of the 14th century church are overlooked by Crathie Parish Church. Construction commenced in 1893, the foundation stone laid by Queen Victoria, just two years later the building had been completed and includes a marble communion table and an oak reredos dating to the 17th century.
Back to Places of Worship:Aberdeenshire