Talk:Aberdeenshire Towns and Villages D
Granted a charter in the 13th century there have been a series of buildings at Daviot over the years. The original building could have been built at around the time of the Reformation but there is no documented proof of this, a later building constructed during the 1760's has been documented though there are no remains of that particular building today, the present building dates to 1826.
The formation of the Free Church following the Disruption in 1843 is forever linked to the parish, test cases about patronage of the established church were heard and one such test case was heard in the parish of Daviot.
Back to Aberdeenshire Parishes D