Nottinghamshire Towns and Villages N

From the Family Tree Forum Reference Library
Jump to: navigation, search

Back to Places of Worship:Nottinghamshire

Netherfield

Baptist Church. Submitted by Pippa Doll ‎
United (Trinity) Methodist Church. Submitted by Pippa Doll ‎
St. George the Martyr. Submitted by Pippa Doll ‎
Old Gospel Hall. Submitted by Pippa Doll ‎


United Reformed Church. Submitted by Pippa Doll ‎
Old Chapel. Submitted by Pippa Doll ‎
Primitive Methodist. Submitted by Pippa Doll ‎
Site of the Mission Room was St. George's. Submitted by Pippa Doll ‎


Newark on Trent

Bede House Chapel. Submitted by Rosie Knees‎
London Road Congregational Church. Submitted by Rosie Knees
Parish Church of St. Mary Magdalene. Submitted by Rosie Knees
St. Augustines Anglican Church. Submitted by Rosie Knees‎


Charles Street Methodist. Submitted by Rosie Knees ‎
Baptist Church 1889. Submitted by Rosie Knees ‎
Salvation Army, Albert Street. Submitted by Rosie Knees ‎
St. Mary's Church Rooms AD 1877. Submitted by Rosie Knees ‎


Barnbygate Methodist Church. Submitted by Rosie Knees
Former Independent Congregational Chapel. Submitted by Rosie Knees
Formerly Christ Church. Submitted by Rosie Knees
Hawtonville Methodist Church. Submitted by Rosie Knees


Holy Trinity. Submitted by Rosie Knees
St. Leonard, Lincoln Road. Submitted by Rosie Knees
Unitarian Chapel, King's Road. Submitted by Rosie Knees
Baptist Church, Winthorpe Road. Submitted by Rosie Knees


Free Christian Fellowship, Beacon Hill. Submitted by Pippa Doll
Newark Cemetery. Submitted by Rosie Knees
Christ Church. Submitted by Rosie Knees
Evangelical Church. Submitted by Rosie Knees


North End Methodist Church. Submitted by Rosie Knees
St Mary Magdalene. Submitted byLin Fisher


  • Holy Trinity, Parliament Street - demolished c1980 and replaced by the new Holy Trinity on Boundary Road 19th July 1979.

Newstead Village

St. Mary the Virgin. Submitted by Darksecretz ‎
Methodist Chapel (Disused). Submitted by Darksecretz ‎
St. Mary (old church.) Submitted by Darksecretz ‎
Site of Wesleyan Chapel, (Demolished in 1998). Submitted by Darksecretz ‎


Newthorpe

Baptist Church, Main street. Submitted by Elaine ‎
Baptist Church, Main Street. Submitted by Darksecretz


North Leverton

St. Martins. Submitted by Barbara Dodds ‎


North Muskham

St. Wilfred's. Submitted by Rosie Knees


Norwell

St. Laurence. Submitted by Pippa Doll
Wesleyan Chapel. Submitted by Pippa Doll


Nottingham

Congregational Church. Submitted by Pippa Doll‎
St. Peter's. Submitted by Pippa Doll‎
St. Catherine's Church. Submitted by Lin Fisher‎
Hindu Temple. Submitted by Pippa Doll


The Assembly of the First Born Church. Submitted by LisaHT ‎
United Reform Church. Submitted by LisaHT‎
Central Methodist Mission. Submitted by Pippa Doll
Christian Centre, Talbot Street. Submitted by Pippa Doll


Quakers Friends Meeting House. Submitted by Pippa Doll
St. Andrew's with Castle Gate United Reformed. Submitted by Pippa Doll
St. Barnabas Roman Catholic Church. Submitted by Pippa Doll
St. Nicholas. Submitted by Pippa Doll


Nottingham Synagogue. Submitted by Pippa Doll
Theosophical Hall. Submitted by Pippa Doll
St. Ann's New Testament Church of God Deliverance. Submitted by Pippa Doll
Clumber Hall Evangelical Church. Submitted by Pippa Doll


Unitarian Chapel, Plumptre Street. Submitted by Pippa Doll
St. Mary the Virgin. Submitted by Pippa Doll
Unitarian Church, High Pavement. Submitted by Pippa Doll
The Salvation Army Submitted by Barbara Dodds


The Church on Rise Park. Submitted by Chrissie Smiff
Boulevard United Reformed Church. Submitted by Chrissie Smiff
Guru Nanak Satsang Gurdwara. Submitted by Chrissie Smiff
Christadelphian Church. Submitted by Chrissie Smiff


St. Paul's Church, Hyson Green, now block of flats. Submitted by Chrissie Smiff
St. Peter and All Saints' Church. Submitted by Chrissie Smiff
St. Lukes Church, Nottingham City Hospital. (closed 1988) now a store room. Submitted by Darksecretz
Unknown Chapel, Berridge Road, Sherwood Rise/Forest Fields. Submitted by Darksecretz



Demolished Churches

  • Basford, St. Augustine of England, Gawthorne Street - demolished 1989
  • Basford, Church of God, New Basford, Mount Street
  • Beeston, St. John the Baptist' - demolished 1842
  • Kinoulton, St. Wilfred - Abandoned and demolished by 1800
  • Morley Memorial Chapel, Blue Bell Hill - demolished Dec 1972
  • Sneinton, St. Phillip, Pennyfoot Street - demolished 1963
  • St Ann’s, King’s Hall Methodist Church, Wells Road
  • St Ann’s, St. Ann’s Church, Wells Road - demolished Easter 1971
  • Baptist Chapel, Derby Road
  • Emmanuel Church, Woodborough Road
  • Holy Trinity, Trinity Square
  • St. Bartholomew - demolished 1972
  • St. George - demolished 1923
  • St. John the Baptist, Canal Street - bombed in 1941 and later demolished
  • St. Luke - demolished Oct 1925
  • St. Mark, Huntingdon Street - demolished 1958
  • St. Paul, Broad Street or George Street
  • St. Stephen, Bunker Hill- demolished 1896
  • St. Thomas, Park Row - demolished 1930


Nuncargate

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. Submitted by Chrissie Smiff


Nuthall

St. Patrick's Church. Submitted by LisaHT
Methodist Church. Submitted by LisaHT
Methodist Chapel, (change of use). Submitted by Darksecretz


Back to Places of Worship:Nottinghamshire